Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Sartorialist Vintage Photo Contest


One of the blogs I check regularly is the Sartorialist. Scott Shuman is a very influential person in the fashion industry and for his blog, he photographs people on the street who have an amazing sense of style. One of the new things he is doing is a Vintage Photo Contest. He asks people to send in (the scanned digital image) of a vintage photo that could be either from your family or one that you found somewhere (like a flea market or antique store). I love this project because looking at old pictures is one of my favorite things to do. Whenever I go to antique stores I always pilfer through the images and I have started my own collection of old portraits. Take a look at his blog and the images that he has posted. I would love to see a book or a large collection of vintage portraits but I'm sure that will never happen because of copyright laws and such. Keep checking his blog because he is going to keep posting new images.


Scott Schuman photographed for the Gap:

Here are two of the images that he has put up on his blog. Each one has a caption (from the person who submitted the image) underneath with information about who these people were.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More