Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer


I keep coming across shoots photographed by Greg Kadel so I thought it was finally time to show some of them. I am finally in NYC for the next two months because I will be interning with three photographers. I am coming back to intern for a third year with Mary Ellen Mark and Pamela Hanson but this will be my first year interning for Greg Kadel. This shoot of Miranda Kerr was most recently photographed by Greg for Numero magazine and styled by Patti Wilson. I love the doll-like quality of Miranda and the use of really great body movements and angles. The image of her embracing the nun is being posted all around Tumblr on the fashion pages so it is pretty cool to recognize the images.













Edita Vilkeviciute was photographed by Greg Kadel for Vogue Germany and includes a great mix of visual styles from the really clear and crisp studio images to the blurry images that capture great motion to an image that has sprocket holes like in traditional 35mm film. The 6th image from the bottom really reminds me of a Richard Avedon image and the fashion photography from the 1960's. There are beautiful angles in the face and body and the styling is sexy and classy at the same time and masterfully blends images that represent several different decades of fashion photography styles.















All images taken from Fashion Gone Rouge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More