Friday, July 23, 2010

La Dolce Vita


I really liked this editorial that was published in teen vogue. Photographed by Nick Haymes and styled by Nancy Rohde, the spread shows two people frolicking around one of the most incredible cities in the world, Venice. My two favorite images by far are the 5th one down and the 2nd to the last because of the wonderfully surreal quality they have: I really feel like I am looking at a unique editorial story. In those two images the models are really confronting the camera in a simple but powerful way and they have an almost magical or otherworldly quality about them. The other images are nice and fun but to me but I feel they could be a part of a completely different shoot than the two images I just mentioned. I love the light quality and tonality of the editorial as well. I wish the creative director had opted for the surreal and made up world of those two images and had continued down that path for the rest of the shoot.




(This image above is one of my favorite images of the shoot)


(This image above is my other favorite image of the editorial)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More