Sunday, October 4, 2009

I love my Holga


So I finally got my film back from this summer that I shot with my Holga camera. I shot 2 rolls in color and 4 rolls in black and white and it was the first time I shot 120mm film in black and white. Now I'm not sure if I prefer the color film more because I shot with it first or because it has a polariod feel but I don't think I'm going to be shooting as much black and white 120mm film with my Holga. Here are a couple pictures from the summer:



This is my roommate Ally. On Mondays we interned for Mary Ellen Mark and this was taken during our lunch break. We decided to walk around soho where Mary Ellen's studio is because we had some time left. I told Ally to go do something with the door and I'm glad that there is a big light leak where her hands are because I think her action looks a little posed and the light leak conceals a bit of the action and makes it looks more spontaneous.



This image was taken in Central Park. There was some kind of festival going on for kids with a band playing kids music. We also got to see a tae-kwon-do routine set to Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. Totally fitting in my opinion. This woman walked up with probably 6 parrots on her. I wish I had been shooting with my color film to get the colors of the birds but I am really happy with this picture. I think that if I had been shooting with color film the picture would have turned out to be more about the birds than her. I'm glad this picture is about the woman.

Check out my flickr page. I put more of my holga pictures from the summer on flickr so feel free to check them out and let me know what you think.




Listening to: Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk by Rufus Wainwright


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More