Monday, January 18, 2010

Otherworldly


Today I went out photographing at one of my favorite places. It is a beautiful trail and at the end is this old rusted bridge, which is absolutely gorgeous especially against the white snow. The rust is one of my favorite things about the bridge because it has so many colors and the texture and details are so beautiful.

-All pictures were taken by me with a Nikon D200.









This is a reflection of branches in a still pool of water:
I loved these shapes in the snow. The one on the left looks like a messed up version of pacman (kinda) and the one on the right reminds me of a whale. I thought they looked like they were having a conversation. No? Use your imagination. The ice wasn't this blue in real life.

The woods along the trail are dense and at one point it is all evergreen trees. I always feel like I am in some sort of enchanted forest.




2 comments:

i really like these. there's a girl in my photo class who takes close ups of cars, but you'd never know they were cars. kind of like surface portraits/abstracts.
the first few rusted close ups of yours remind me of that.
here, check her stuff out:
http://ritphoto.com/HALPERN/PA1/rabent.html

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More